Wills & Estate Planning
Trusted Will and Estate Attorney in Severn, MD
What Is an Estate Plan?
Estate plans protect you, your family, legacy, finances, and assets before and after you pass away. During planning, you decide who receives your assets and financial benefits and who oversees your estate in the event of your death. The plan includes your wishes for your estate. During this phase, you'll select the person or persons you want to have in charge of ensuring your wishes and demands are met. Some of these choices are simple for clients, but they can be difficult for others.
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directive (Living Will)
- Revocable or Irrevocable Trusts
- Special Deeds
Which Plan is Right for Me?
Both plans offer different advantages for clients. However, some considerations may help you decide which plan is best for you and your loved ones. Our team can help you choose your plan based on the following questions:
- Who do you want to receive your assets after you pass?
- Who do you want to oversee your estate?
- Are you a young spouse with young children?
- Are you older and with grown children?
- Are you single or without children?
- Do you want friends or family to receive your inheritance?
- What terms and conditions do you want in your plan?