Family Law Attorney in Severn, MD
Do You Need A Family Lawyer?
Family matters are never easy legal cases to deal with, because they are quite emotional and difficult for everyone involved. The subjects of divorce and separation tend to be stressful on all members of the family, especially if you have children. At the Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A., we take special care to handle these cases delicately and calmly. We want to make this experience as smooth and stress-free as possible for your family.
Some of our family law cases have included:
Important Points to Remember
Often clients come into our office after making mistakes with how they handled their divorce or child custody case. Here are some important points to remember so that you do not make similar mistakes and jeopardize your rights.
- NEVER, EVER sign any divorce or separation papers without consulting a family attorney. Many times clients unknowingly waive important rights and interests in property that they are entitled because they simply did not know about such rights.
- Your spouse’s attorney is NOT your attorney. A divorce attorney can not represent both spouses in a divorce. Even if you meet your spouse’s attorney in their office, he or she is only looking out for your spouse’s interest, not yours!
- Even if you think the divorce is uncontested, CONSULT a divorce lawyer. A family attorney will be aware of issues that you and your spouse have not considered. These issues can have a serious effect on child support and even your personal income tax.
- Don’t believe any advice about the law unless it comes from a family attorney. Friends and family have good intentions but often give incorrect advice as to what your legal rights are. Be smart, consult an attorney.
Communication is Our First Priority
Uncontested Divorce $895.00
Protective Orders, what can the court do to you?
Protective Orders are a very powerful tool that the court has at its disposal to address domestic violence. Filed in either the district or the circuit court, a protective order can grant a petitioner the following relief for up to 12 months:
- Remove the other party from the house and give petitioner exclusive use and possession.
- No contact orders and stay away orders
- Custody of children
- Emergency monetary support via wage garnishment
- Use and possession of vehicles
These orders can have drastic consequences for respondents with government clearances or it their job requires them to carry a firearm. If your spouse has been abusing you or if a protective order has been unjustly filed against you, contact us immediately. Take this matter seriously, the other side will.
By keeping our focus on the optimum end result, we are able to assess all the details of your case and your specific needs. This can allow us to help you stay calm and focused as well. For more information on our family law cases, call us now at (410) 761-2430!