A Car Accident Attorney You Can Trust in Severn, MD
Retain a Skilled Car Accident Attorney
When you’ve been hurt in a car wreck, you may be dealing with injuries and damages that can cause significant pain, disruption, and cost. If the accident was caused by another person’s negligence, you need a capable car accident attorney who will fight to get you fair compensation. Don’t try to take on insurance companies without legal guidance. Call The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. in Severn, MD, to schedule a free consultation. We have decades of experience in Maryland, and we’re familiar with state law and the local courts. Let us help you secure the compensation you need to recover from your car accident injuries. Contact us today for details.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
For a personal injury case involving an accident to be successful, you and your lawyer will need to prove that your injuries are the result of an accident that resulted from another person’s negligence. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Poor weather conditions, especially rain
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Driving at night
- Poorly maintained roadways
When you work with The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A., our team will investigate your case to assemble all the facts and hold the responsible party accountable.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause many types of injuries, ranging from minor cuts and scrapes to life-altering injuries. Some of the injuries frequently seen in car accidents include:
- Spinal injuries
- Head injuries
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
You may not think you’ve been injured at the time of an accident, but it’s important to remember that some injuries don’t show symptoms until well after the accident. Retaining an experienced personal injury lawyer is essential for pursuing legal action due to car accident injuries.
What to Do Following an Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a frightening experience. It’s important to take the proper steps to protect yourself. Follow these steps immediately following a car accident:
- Stay at the scene of the accident – Leaving the scene may expose you to charges of hit and run. Stay at the scene to exchange information with other drivers involved in the crash. If law enforcement has been called, stay until they let you know you can leave.
- Seek medical attention, and accept any treatment offered at the scene – If anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately for medical assistance. In the event medics arrive on the scene and offer to check you for injuries, accept the offer. Refusing medical attention at the scene may be viewed negatively if you claim injuries later.
- Document the scene and collect possible evidence – Don’t rely on police to gather all the details. If you can, take pictures and video of the scene. Be sure to take numerous photos of any vehicle damage. Take down information on the vehicles that were involved, like the make, model, and license plate. Get the names and contact information of witnesses.
- Be careful about what you say – Don’t apologize or make any promises to the other people involved. Even if you think you may be at fault, don’t discuss it at the scene of the accident.
- Notify your car insurance company – Many insurance companies require you to notify them of any accidents.
- Retain a lawyer – In the aftermath of an accident, stories may change, and injuries may surface weeks after the crash. It’s vital to have proper legal counsel to represent you and help you obtain fair compensation.
Contact Us Today
If you need an experienced car accident defense attorney or a lawyer who can represent you in a personal injury case stemming from car accident injuries, contact The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. in Severn, MD. Our team will provide you with friendly, knowledgeable service and will work diligently to settle the case in your favor. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.