Car Accident Attorney in Severn, MD
Have a Car Wreck Injury in Anne Arundel County? Call our Attorney’s!
As long as you drive at a reasonable speed and follow the rules of the road, you should be able to avoid auto accidents. However, there’s always a chance that you could encounter circumstances beyond your control. If you suffer an injury during an accident caused by another person’s negligence, you should consider holding that person legally responsible for your injuries. The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. has handled numerous personal injury cases involving car accidents, and our Severn car accident attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you need to live comfortably.
Common Car Accident Injuries
There are countless different ways you could get injured in an auto accident. Here are a few of the most common types of car accident injuries.
- Spinal Injuries: Whiplash occurs when the head is pitched forward and backward in rapid succession. A serious spinal injury can cause permanent paralysis, which can drastically alter your lifestyle.
- Head Injuries: During a major auto accident, you could hit your head against the windshield, steering wheel, or dashboard. If you suffer permanent brain damage, you will require special care for the rest of your life. Filing a personal injury claim can help ensure that you have the funds to cover ongoing treatment.
- Broken Limbs: The legs and arms are vulnerable to fracture during an auto accident. If you hire an attorney, you have a greater chance of obtaining compensation for your medical bills.
Negligence and Car Accidents
For your personal injury case to be successful, you and your lawyer must prove that you sustained injuries during an auto accident that was caused by another person’s negligence. There are several ways in which negligence can lead to an auto accident.
- Reckless Driving: All drivers have a duty to drive responsibly and follow the rules of the road. Drunk driving, speeding, and disregarding stoplights are all examples of reckless driving.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is all too common in the age of smartphones. Some people also cause accidents by eating, applying makeup, or fiddling with the radio while driving.
- Improper Maintenance: A lapse in maintenance can also lead to a serious accident. For example, failing to fix a broken taillight could increase the chances of a rear-end collision.
If you suffer a serious injury during an auto accident, consider having a Severn personal injury attorney investigate the circumstances of your accident. The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. has been helping auto accident collision victims obtain fair compensation for more than 25 years. Call (410) 761-2430 if you have any questions about car accidents.