Experienced Criminal Law Attorney in Severn, MD
Speak with an Expert at the Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A.
The Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. provide dedicated criminal law representation in Severn, MD for individuals charged with a crime. We are a locally operated law firm with nearly three decades of experience representing clients in the local court system. Our knowledge and familiarity with the courts and personnel ensure each of our clients receives a strong defense with the right steps taken, no matter how severe the charges are. If you or someone you know needs to speak with a criminal attorney at law, contact our office today for a free consultation.
Why Choose the Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A.
As local attorneys, we focus on areas of law and bring a level of knowledge to each case that isn’t always found with other general law firms. No matter how small or significant the charge is, each one of our clients receives professional representation and the personalized attention they deserve in their time of need. Your situation may be unique, but with our vast experience and years in the court, we are sure to have helped many clients in similar situations. Your case will benefit from:
- Our experienced and proven team
- A local criminal law firm that knows the courts
- Free consultations
- Dedicated attorneys on your side
Our Criminal Law Case Experience
A criminal attorney at law should be well-versed in various charges clients may face, the severity of sentencing and penalties, and the proper tactics and steps for the best defense strategy. Choosing a firm that pledges to represent you but lacks the court-system experience could be disastrous for your record. Whatever criminal charges you’re facing, we will ensure your rights are respected while preparing your defense. Our case experience includes:
- Assault & Battery
- Violation of Probation
- Telephone Misuse
- Drug Possession/Distribution
- Suspended Licenses
- Sex Offenses
- Traffic Violations
- Violation of Protective/Peace Orders
Common Types of Criminal Law Charges and Penalties
Criminal law charges are nothing to take lightly, no matter how minor they seem. Even a traffic violation can have consequences that will follow you around for years, which is why it’s critical you retain the services of experienced attorneys like our team. Some of the most common criminal charges we see in the area and their potential penalties include:
- Driving Under the Influence – There are various classifications for this charge. If it’s a first offense, maximum penalties can include up to a year in jail, fines up to $1,000, and suspension of your license.
- Assault – Assault is classified as either first- or second-degree. Sentencing will depend on the severity of the injury, whether or not a hate crime is attached to the charges, and if a weapon was used. The maximum penalty for a first-degree assault is 25 years in prison.
- Theft & Burglary – Burglary and felony theft, which can include identity theft, white-collar crimes, grand theft, fraud, and conspiracy, can carry penalties as high as a $25,000 fine and 25 years in prison. The value of the stolen property will be considered in sentencing, and conviction will require restitution too.
- Sex Crimes – There is a long list of possible sex crimes such as rape, sexual assault, attempted rape, sexual abuse of minors, and more. Penalties will depend on the offense, but some of the most severe include jail time without parole and registry on the sex offender list.
We Look Out for Your Best Interests
The criminal law attorneys at the Law Offices of William Trevillian, P.A. in Severn, MD understand that facing charges for a criminal offense is a trying time filled with a lot of uncertainty. While you may feel alone, our team is dedicated to being on your side and educating you about your legal rights, options, and what the best course of action will be. We are here to provide you with experienced guidance and will keep you fully informed at each step in the process. Contact our team for a free criminal defense consultation today.